This Vegan Waldorf Salad with Apples & Raisins is a great way to add some gut-supporting fiber to your diet. It’s also perfect for a holiday get together brunch!
Total Time: 20 mins
- 2 large apples chopped
- 3 stalks celery chopped
- 3/4 cup walnuts chopped
- ½ cup halved red grapes or raisins
- ½ cup raw sunflower seeds
- 1/2 cup raw cashews soaked in hot water and drained
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 Tbl apple cider vinegar
- 2 seeded Medjool dates
- 1/2 cup of your favorite mayonnaise
- 2 Tbl lemon juice (we like Santa Cruz 100% Organic Pure Lemon Juice)
- 1 tsp maple syrup
- Place all of the Dressing ingredients into a high-powered blender and blend until smooth. Set aside. If using the Alternative Dressing, mix the ingredients in a small bowl.
- Add the chopped apples, celery and grapes (and/or raisins) into a large bowl along with the walnuts.
- Add the dressing to the salad ingredients, tossing them together.
- Optional: Serve on a bed of greens.
*Recipe adapted from plantbasedcooking.com
Look for more personalized nutritional advice? I can help! Contact me for a consultation today.