Cole Slaw doesn’t have to be a bland and boring side dish of shredded vegetables. With some carefully selected ingredients, you can easily transform this common side dish into a tasty snack all on its own. This tasty cucumber cabbage slaw made with fresh dill has just the right hint of sharpness, crunch, and creaminess to make it a dinner staple.
- 2 small cucumber
- 1 ½ pound cabbage, shredded
- ¼ cup fresh dill, chopped
- 2/3 cup mayonnaise (we like Primal Kitchen Mayo with Avocado Oil)
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- salt, black pepper to taste
- Peel the cucumbers, cut them in half then remove the seeds using a teaspoon. Chop the cucumbers into 1/6 inch thick pieces.
- In a bowl, add shredded cabbage, cucumbers, dill, mayonnaise, and lemon juice.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Toss to combine.
- Refrigerate at least one hour before serving.