Bring this adzuki bean salad to a picnic as a new and nutritious alternative to potato or pasta salads. Adzuki beans are high in fiber and iron! Gluten-free and dairy-free! Prep time varies on whether you use a carton of beans or cook.
Prep Time: 15 min
Cook Time: 1 hour
- 1 1/2 cup dried adzuki beans
- 1/4 cup arame sea vegetable
- 1/4 teaspoon toasted sesame oil
- 3 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 1/2 tablespoon finely chopped ginger
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 1 1/4 cup fresh basil, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- pinch crushed red chili flakes
- 1 tablespoon low-sodium tamari
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 4 green onions, thinly sliced
- 2 carrots, grated
- Put beans in a large bowl, cover with water and set aside to let soak for 8 hours or overnight.
- Drain beans and put in a large pot with 8 cups water. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat and simmer until tender, 45 to 60 minutes.
- Drain and rinse gently under cold water. Set aside to let cool completely. Meanwhile, soak arame in cold water for 15 minutes; drain and rinse well.
- Combine oils, ginger, garlic, basil, vinegar, chili flakes, tamari and lime juice in a large bowl and whisk to make a dressing. Add cooled beans, arame, green onions, and carrots and toss gently to combine.
*recipe modified from wholefoodsmarket.com
Print Recipe[bws_pdfprint display='print']