Cook Time: 45 min
- 1 lb. ground turkey
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- 2 cups sweet potatoes, shredded
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries, chopped
- 2 TB fresh rosemary, minced
- 1 TB fresh sage, minced
- 2 TB fresh parsley, minced
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1/2 c coconut or almond flour
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 400 F.
- In a bowl combine the turkey, green onion, sweet potato, cranberries, rosemary, sage, parsley, egg, flour, and season to taste.
- Mix everything until well combined, and form into small patties.
- Melt coconut oil in a skillet, and brown the turkey bites 1 to 2 minutes per side, in small batches.
- Transfer the patties to a baking sheet and bake in the oven 20 to 25 minutes, turning at the halfway point.
- Let the turkey bites cool 4 to 5 minutes before serving.
- If you double the recipe you can freeze them cooked.
- If you plan to warm them again later you may want to remove them from the oven early and then they are warmed again they won’t be overcooked and dry.