This tasty salad checks all of the boxes for me: crisp tempeh, crunchy macadamia nuts, loads of herbs, and a pop of tart, antioxidant-rich sweetness from the goldenberries. There are so many health benefits of goldenberries. Some of the most impressive include that they are potent sources of antioxidants, reduce inflammation, may boost immunity, bone health, and vision, and more. You can switch up the nuts and herbs that you include in this salad, giving you many variations to enjoy!
- 1 pack Lifelight tempeh, or another organic brand
- 2 cups of salad greens of your choice
- 4 tablespoons chopped cilantro
- 4 tablespoons chopped basil
- 1 tablespoon chopped mint
- 3 tablespoons goldenberries
- 3 tablespoons salted macadamia nuts, almonds or walnuts, roughly chopped
1. Toast tempeh in a sautee pan over medium heat with a small amount of coconut oil, ghee, or organic, unsalted butter until nicely toasted on both sides. (You can also finish cooking with a few splashes of coconut aminos or tamari.)
2. Chop and prepare salad fixings.
3. Mix all ingredients together and serve with desired dressing.