Packed with vegetables and protein, this smoothie is a great all in one meal! Plan ahead–the vegetables need to be steamed, then frozen for this to really work.
Prep Time: 10 minutes, plus freezing time
Cook Time: 10 minutes
- 1 cup sweet potato cubes steamed, then frozen.
- 1/2 cup cauliflower cubes steamed, then frozen.
- 1/2 cup zucchini cubes steamed, then frozen.
- 1 scoop vanilla collagen powder
- 2-3 tablespoons almond butter
- Monk fruit or stevia, to taste
- 1/2-1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- sprinkle of sea salt
- 1 1/4 cup almond milk or water (may need more)
- Prepare your vegetables: Cut vegetables into 1-2″ chunks and steam for 8-10 minutes until soft, but not mushy. They should still hold their shape. Drain and allow to cool by spreading in an even layer on a baking sheet. When completely cool, transfer sheet to freezer for a few hours. You can use them right away, or put them in freezer containers for later use. Consider doing multiple sheets to have them ready whenever the craving strikes!
- Blend all ingredients in a high powered blender for 1 1/2 minutes. You can add more or less liquid, depending on how thick you like it. Serve or top with your favorite nut butter and grain free granola.
- If you don’t have vanilla collagen powder, use plain and add a dash of pure vanilla extract. You can also use your favorite non-dairy protein powder of choice!
Look for more personalized nutritional advice? I can help! Contact me for a consultation today.
Print Recipe[bws_pdfprint display='print']