Learn how to make this delicious Southwestern Salad with Avocado-Lime Dressing. If you are avoiding nightshade vegetables, just leave out the tomatoes.
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
- 1 head romaine lettuce, chopped
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 cup canned black beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 ears corn, kernels sliced from cobs
- 1/2 avocado, chopped
- 4 green onions, chopped
- 1 avocado
- 1 garlic clove
- 1/4 cup cilantro leaves
- 1/4 cup plain Kite Hill Greek yogurt
- 3 Tbsp lime juice
- 1/2 tsp. hot sauce (optional)
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1/4 to 1/2 cup water (depending on consistency)
- To make the salad, toss the romaine lettuce, tomatoes, black beans, corn, avocado and onions together in a large bowl.
- To make the dressing, combine the avocado, garlic, cilantro, yogurt, lime juice, hot sauce and salt/pepper in a food processor and pulse until combined. With the motor running, slowly add the olive oil and water until smooth and you have your desired consistency.
- Drizzle the dressing over top of the salad and toss until completely coated or cover and store the dressing and salad separately until ready to serve. Enjoy!
Recipe by EatYourselfSkinny
Print Recipe[bws_pdfprint display='print']