These Smoky Tempeh Wraps are crispy & satisfying, while the Mango Cabbage Slaw is the perfect tangy complement. Top with some cilantro or avocado and you have an easy 30 minute meal that’s sure to please!
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
1 package of Light Life Organic tempeh, cut into thin chunks
1/4 c soy sauce or liquid aminos
1 t chili powder
1/2-1 t hot sauce (depending on how spicy you want it)
1/2 t ground cumin
1/2 t liquid smoke
1/2 t garlic powder
1/2 t onion powder
1/4 t black pepper
6 Food for Life sprouted corn tortillas
Coconut or Avocado oil for cooking
1 1/2 c red cabbage, shredded
3/4 c mango, diced
1/2 c cilantro, finely minced, plus more for topping
1 T fresh lime juice
1 T apple cider vinegar
1 t agave nectar
1/4 t salt
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Place the tempeh chunks in a medium bowl.
- In a small bowl, add soy sauce, chili powder, hot sauce, cumin, liquid smoke, garlic powder, onion powder, and pepper. Whisk to combine. Pour over tempeh; stir until evenly coated. Set aside for 5-10 minutes.
- Place corn tortillas on a baking sheet. Lightly brush with oil. Bake for 10 minutes, until crispy and golden.
- In a skillet over medium heat, add the tempeh. Let it cook on on side for 4-5 minutes, until browned. Flip the chunks; cook for another 3-4 minutes.
- While the tempeh and tortillas are cooking, add red cabbage, mango, cilantro, lime juice, vinegar, agave, and salt to a medium bowl. Stir to combine.
- Scoop the tempeh onto the tortillas, then top with slaw and any other desired toppings.
Look for more personalized nutritional advice? I can help! Contact me for a consultation today.
Print Recipe[bws_pdfprint display='print']