Prep Time: 20 min
Cook Time: 40 min
- 12 oz. cooked salmon, flaked
- 2 large russet or sweet potatoes
- 3 green onions, minced (Use just the green parts for low-FODMAP)
- 1 tbsp. fresh dill, minced
- 1 tbsp. Dijon mustard
- 1 tsp. lemon zest
- 1 organic egg, beaten
- Lemon wedges (optional)
- 2 tbsp. coconut oil
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Place the potatoes into a medium saucepan and add cold water to cover by at least an inch.
- Bring the water to a boil over high heat. Reduce the heat, cover, and let simmer for 15 to 20 minutes.
- Drain the water and place the potatoes into a large bowl. Mash with a fork and let cool.
- Stir in the salmon, green onions, dill, mustard, lemon zest, egg, sea salt, and black pepper.
- Mix everything until well combined.
- Form the salmon mixture into equal-sized patties.
- Melt the coconut oil in a skillet over medium-high heat, and cook the patties for 4 to 5 minutes per side.
- Serve the salmon cakes with lemon wedges.