Spring is around the corner and sometimes you just need a bowl of green goodness to get you energized from the inside out. This soup delicious, nutritious, and beautifully bursting with vitamins, minerals, iron, magnesium and antioxidants.
- 5 cups washed organic chopped broccoli
- 2 cups washed organic spinach or other green leafy vegetable
- Optional: 1 cup organic carrots or other vegetables as desired
- 1 Tablespoon organic Coconut Oil
- 1 large organic onion diced
- 2 cloves of fresh garlic minced
- 2 teaspoons cumin
- ¼ teaspoon Himalayan pink salt
- Pinch of black pepper
- 7 cups free range chicken or veggie stock
- 1 cup organic full fat coconut milk
- Topping: roasted seeds, coconut milk and raw tahini as desired
- Heat the coconut oil in a large pot over medium heat and add in the garlic and onion. Sprinkle in the cumin, salt and pepper and stir well. Stir until the onions are translucent.
- Add the vegetables to the pan and stir. Pour in the stock and stir again. Bring to a simmer and cover with a well fitted lid. Simmer until the vegetables are tender.
- Transfer the soup to our high-powered blender and blend until smooth.
- Return the soup to the pot and stir in the coconut milk over medium heat until heated through.
- Serve with toasted seeds in a bowl and drizzle with tahini and coconut milk. Enjoy!