Making top notch soup doesn’t require formal training or a pint of heavy cream.
To make a soup that your family and friends will rave about, all you need are a handful of wholesome ingredients: two heads of cauliflower, a couple of Yukon gold potatoes, two shallots or a yellow onion, and a fresh bunch of any favorite herb.
As with most soups that include a healthy portion of cooked Yukon gold potatoes, this soup is consistently helpful to those with an inflamed stomach or colon.
Prep Time: 15 min
Cook Time: 50 min
Yield: 10 cups
- 2 heads cauliflower
- 2 Yukon gold potatoes, roughly chopped into bite-size pieces
- 3 garlic cloves
- 2 shallots (or one large onion)
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 6 cups vegetable broth or organic chicken broth
- Sea salt and pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Cut cauliflower into 1-inch flowerets (about 10 cups). In a large baking pan toss cauliflower, potatoes, garlic, and shallots with olive oil and roast in oven for about 25-35 minutes, or until golden.
- In a large pot, simmer broth, water, roasted cauliflower and potato mixture for 20 minutes, or until cauliflower is very tender. Use your blender to puree soup in batches until smooth and return to pot. Add sea salt and pepper to taste. Heat soup over low to medium heat until just heated through.
- Makes approximately 10 cups.
- Optional: sprinkle some fresh chopped parsley on top of each bowl for presentation just before serving.
*recipe modified from drbenkim.com
Look for more personalized nutritional advice? I can help! Contact me for a consultation today.
Print Recipe[bws_pdfprint display='print']