Take a bite into this refreshing, quinoa and spinach salad bursting with plenty of colorful veggies and a zesty lemon vinaigrette dressing!
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
- 1/2 c uncooked quinoa
- 2 c spinach, finely chopped
- 1 tomato, diced
- 1/2 c diced cucumbers
- 1/4 c raisins
- 1/4 c walnuts
- 1/2 T lemon juice
- 1/2 T extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/4 t salt
- 1/4 t ground black pepper
- In a medium bowl, rinse the quinoa a few times.
- In a medium saucepan, boil 2 cups of salted water. Add the quinoa and continue to boil for about 10 minutes until the quinoa is tender.
- Drain the quinoa and let it cool.
- In a large bowl, combine the spinach, tomatoes, cucumbers, raisins and cooled quinoa.
- In a small bowl, make your lemon vinaigrette. Combine the lemon juice, olive oil, salt and pepper. Pour onto the salad and toss to coat.
- Season to taste with more salt and pepper, if needed.
Look for more personalized nutritional advice? I can help! Contact me for a consultation today.
Print Recipe[bws_pdfprint display='print']