Here’s a recipe sure to please your guests at your holiday table as an elegant dessert that is not too sweet and hits all the right boxes: dairy-free, gluten-free, nut-free and oil-free! You can satisfy your craving for something sweet on the palate while sticking to your nutrition guidelines.
Time: 5 min – 30 min
- 3/4 cup pure pumpkin (canned)
- 3/4 cup plant milk
- 1/4 cup pure maple syrup
- 1-2 tbsp coconut sugar or pinch stevia
- 3 tbsp white chia seeds (black seeds will cause discoloration)
- 1 ½ tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 1/8 tsp sea salt slightly rounded
- 1/2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- Optional toppings: shaving of dark chocolate or dairy-free whipped cream
- In a blender, add all the ingredients for a minute or two (time depends on the efficiency of the blender), until the seeds are fully pulverized and the pudding begins to thicken (thickens more when chilled). Add more dry sweetener to taste as adding more syrup may make the pudding too runny.
- Transfer mixture to a large container and chill in the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes (can be eaten right away if preferred).
- Serve, use optional toppings if desired. Enjoy!