Quick and easy to make from ingredients you probably already have in your pantry. They’re crisp, light, and very satisfying — full of flavor and Omega-3s. They’re delicious anytime and an awesome post-workout snack.
Prep Time: 25 Minutes
Cook Time: 30 Minutes
- 1 (14.75 ounce) can wild-caught pink or red salmon
- 1 cup cooked sweet potato, mashed
- 2 large organic eggs, beaten
- 1/2 cup almond flour
- 1/2 cup fresh parsley leaves, minced
- 2 scallions, very thinly sliced
- 1 t salt
- 1/2 t paprika
- 1/2 t powdered ginger
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1/4 t ground black pepper
- Zest from 1 lemon
- 2 T of coconut oil
- Preheat the oven to 425F and cover a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Drain the liquid from the salmon and using your fingers, crumble the fish into a large mixing bowl, removing the bones and flaking the fish. Add the sweet potato, eggs, almond flour, parsley, scallions, ginger, salt, garlic, paprika, black pepper, and lemon zest. Mix well and refrigerate for 10 minutes.
- Brush the parchment paper with some of the coconut oil, then use a 1/3 measuring cup to scoop the cakes and drop them onto the parchment. The patties should be about 2 1/2 inches wide and about 1 inch thick. Brush the tops of the cakes with coconut oil, then bake for 20 minutes. Carefully flip each patty with a spatula and return to the oven. Bake an additional 10 minutes until golden brown and crisp. Serve with a squeeze of lemon juice and your sauce of choice.
Look for more personalized nutritional advice? I can help! Contact me for a consultation today.
Print Recipe[bws_pdfprint display='print']