The lemon in this Paleo Lemon Tart brings a bright pop to the tastebuds and the tart melts in your mouth – perfect for a spring celebration with someone you love! The sweet taste and the slight sour or tart flavor create a mixture that really satisfies your craving.
Prep Time: 10 min
Cook Time: 2 hrs 10 min
Yield: 10 standard or 24 mini
- 1 1/2 cups shredded unsweetened coconut
- 1 cup almond flour
- 2 tablespoons coconut or brown sugar
- pinch of salt
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons coconut oil, divided
- 1 cup raw cashews, soaked in water overnight and drained
- 1/2 cup fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons agave or coconut nectar
- pinch of turmeric for color
- zest of 1 lemon
- fresh berries, for serving
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Line a muffin tin with parchment liners.
- For the crust, in a blender or food processor pulse the coconut, almond flour, sugar, salt, and 2 tablespoons coconut oil until coarsely ground and able to stick together when pressed. Press about one tablespoon of crust mixture into the bottoms of liners. You may have extra crust dough. Bake for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, make the lemon filling. Clean out the blender or food processor. Add the remaining 1/4 cup of coconut oil, drained cashews, lemon juice, agave, and turmeric to the blender/processor. Blend until very smooth and creamy. Fill baked crusts and chill in the freezer for two hours.
- Garnish with lemon zest and fresh berries and edible flowers. Serve cold, with lots of love.
*recipe modified from yummymummykitchen.com
Look for more personalized nutritional advice? I can help! Contact me for a consultation today.
Print Recipe[bws_pdfprint display='print']