This vegetarian paleo cauliflower turmeric stew is comforting, hearty and ridiculously good! Plus, it’s packed full of anti-inflammatory ingredients and belly-filling fiber. If you love turmeric and cauliflower, this stew is going to become one of your new favorites.
Prep Time: 1 hour
Servings: 4 bowls
- 4 cups cauliflower florets
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- ½ inch piece fresh ginger, peeled and minced
- 3 ripe tomatoes, finely chopped
- 1 celery stick, diced
- 2 carrots, peeled and sliced
- 1 jalapeno, deseeded and finely chopped
- 2 tbsp organic extra virgin olive oil
- 2 cups chopped Swiss chard
- 1 tsp organic cumin powder
- 1 tsp organic coriander powder
- 1 tsp organic turmeric powder
- 1 cup unsweetened coconut milk
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 tsp chopped cilantro
- salt, black pepper to taste
- In a pot heat the olive oil over medium heat.
- Add the onion and cook for 5 minutes.
- Add the celery and carrots and cook for 5 minutes.
- Add the garlic, jalapeno, and ginger and cook for 30 seconds.
- Add the cauliflower florets, tomatoes and 4 cups of water.
- Add the ground cumin, turmeric, and coriander.
- Mix to combine.
- Cover and cook for 30 minutes over medium-low heat.
- Remove the lid, add the swish card and cook for 5 minutes.
- Add the coconut milk and mix to combine. Cook for 1 minute more.
- Remove from the heat, season to taste with salt and black pepper and stir in chopped cilantro.
- Serve warm.