Make a tasty dessert with one of the most powerful superfoods. A treat that is loaded full of antioxidants and is great for energy and weight loss.
- 2 tbsp freeze-dried acai powder
- 2 bananas, sliced and frozen
- 1 cup raw cashews or pistachios
- 1/2 cup full fat coconut milk
- Fresh blueberries and fresh mint leaves, as garnish
- Soak cashews in coconut milk overnight in refrigerator.
- Add soaked nuts and milk to food processor and process until smooth OR add nuts to food processor and process until finely ground then add coconut milk and continue processing until smooth.
- Optional: before continuing, strain mixture for creamier ice cream, then return to food processor.
- Add frozen banana slices a few at a time, blending until incorporated and mixture is creamy.
- Add frozen blueberries and continue processing until blueberries are incorporated and ice cream is creamy. If ice cream is too soft, put in freezer until firm but not too solid to scoop.
- Put in individual serving dishes. Garnish with a few fresh blueberries and fresh mint leaves.
*Wild blueberries are smaller, more flavorful, and will make a creamier ice cream.
Print Recipe[bws_pdfprint display='print']