If you’ve got a sweet tooth but don’t want to feel guilty indulging, then these muffins are for you! These Chocolate Zucchini Muffins are moist and fluffy, plus they’re nut-free!
Prep Time: 15
Cook Time: 25
- 1 tbsp Coconut oil for greasing
- 3/4 cup zucchini shredded
- 4 large Eggs
- 1/2 cup Maple Syrup
- 1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1/3 cup Coconut Flour
- 1/4 cup cacao powder
- 3 tbsp arrowroot powder
- 1 1/2 tsp Baking Soda
- 3/4 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp Sea Salt
- 1/2 cup dairy free chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 350F. Line a muffin tin with baking cups or grease with coconut oil.
- Place the shredded zucchini on a tray lined with a paper towel to drain some of the moisture while you prepare the batter.
- Place the eggs, maple syrup, and applesauce in the stand-mixer and mix on medium speed until combined.
- Add the coconut flour, cacao powder, arrowroot powder, baking soda, cinnamon, nutmeg, and sea salt and mix again on medium speed until combined.
- Wrap the paper towel around the zucchini and give it a light squeeze to remove excess moisture and fold it into the batter along with 1/4 cup of the chocolate chips.
- Divide the batter evenly among the muffin cups, filling each 2/3 of the way full. Sprinkle the remaining 1/4 cup of the chocolate chips on top. Bake for 22-25 minutes. Cool in the pan for 10 minutes, then on a wire rack until completely cool.
Look for more personalized nutritional advice? I can help! Contact me for a consultation today.
Print Recipe[bws_pdfprint display='print']