This addictive sauce adds a creamy, fresh pop of flavor to buddha bowls and makes a delicious dip for veggies. It represents a classic nut/seed sauce with just the right balance of creaminess and tanginess.
- 1/3 cup tahini
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1/4 cup nutritional yeast
- 1 garlic clove, peeled
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup water
- Chili pepper flakes (optional)
1. Combine all ingredients in a food processor or blender, and blend until smooth.
2. Slowly add more water as needed to reach the desired consistency (a light creamy dressing consistency for salads or a thicker consistency for a dip).
- Nutt/seed butter: peanut butter, cashews, almond butter, pumpkin seeds
- Acid: lemon juice, lime juice, orange juice, apple cider vinegar, rice vinegar, balsamic vinegar
- Herb/spice: nutritional yeast, fresh or dried herbs like mint, parsley, or basil, cumin, ginger, garlic chili pepper flakes, cayenne
Variation Suggestion – Asian-style Peanut Sauce
- Swap Tahini for peanut butter
- Swap Lemon juice for lime juice
- Substitute half of the water for tamari or soy sauce
- Omit nutritional yeast