No need to miss out on a dinner roll for your holiday dinner! Whip these up for the grain-free guests around your table. It takes practically no time to prepare, and no need to rise. Just mix, shape and bake!
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 18 minutes
- 3/4 cup cassava flour
- 3 tablespoons psyllium husk powder
- 4 large eggs
- 1/2 cup apple sauce
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 egg (for egg wash)
- sesame seeds or coarse salt, for sprinkling on top
- Preheat oven to 400°. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a food processor or stank mixer, combine all the ingredients for the hamburger buns (except egg wash and toppings). Puree or mix until the dough is smooth.
- Divide the dough into 12 equal parts and shape into small round balls (if the dough is sticking, coat your hands in water, or a tiny bit of melted coconut oil and then shape the dough). Brush the buns with egg wash and then sprinkle with sesame seeds or salt, if desired. If you don’t want toppings, just use the egg wash to make a nice shiny crust!
- Bake at 400° for about 15-18 minutes, until golden brown.
Note: This recipe was tested using Anthony’s Cassava Flour (link in ingredient list). Please do not subsitute tapioca flour. Yes it is from the same plant but is processed differently and will not work in this recipe. Happy baking!
Look for more personalized nutritional advice? I can help! Contact me for a consultation today.
Print Recipe[bws_pdfprint display='print']