Prep time: 30 minutes
Cook time: 35 minutes
Servings: One 9 x 12 cake
For the cake:
- 3/4 cup Enjoy Life Semi-Sweet Mini Chocolate Chips
- 1 1/4 cup almond flour
- 1/2 cup coconut flour
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup oil
- 6 extra large organic eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup + 2 Tablespoons hot water
For the frosting:
- 1 half pint blueberries
- 1lb fresh strawberries
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
- Melt the chocolate in a double boiler or in the microwave.
- While the chocolate is melting, mix together the almond flour, coconut flour, sugar, and oil.
- Mix the melted chocolate into the flour mixture completely.
- Crack the eggs into the batter and beat each in.
- Add in the vanilla, baking soda, and salt.
- Add in the hot water and mix until the batter is smooth and slightly runny.
- Grease a 9 x 12 baking pan. Pour the batter in an even layer.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes until the center of the cake has set. Remove from the oven and let it cool completely before frosting.
- Spread the frosting out all over the cake in an even layer and around the sides.
- Make a square of blueberries in the top left corner of the cake.
- Remove the stem from each strawberry and cut each in half. Lay them out top to bottom in horizontal lines in a flag pattern.
- Refrigerate until ready to serve.
Notes: For reference on Palm Shortening/Oil
Print Recipe[bws_pdfprint display='print']