You can have your pie and eat it too this Thanksgiving! Enjoy a gluten and dairy-free pumpkin pie as a sweet ending to your meal.
For the crust:
- 1 gluten-free frozen pie crust (check ingredients for dairy as well!)
For the filling:
- 15 oz can pumpkin puree
- 2/3 cup full fat coconut milk blended
- 6 Tbsp pure maple syrup or a tbsp or 2 more if you’d like it sweeter
- 2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1 Tbsp pumpkin pie spice
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- Pinch salt
- 2 large organic eggs (at room temperature)
- 1 egg yolk from a large organic egg (at room temperature)
- Check instructions on your pie crust and defrost as recommended. Remember you will be adding the filling to an unbaked crust, so check for those instructions.
- Whisk all ingredients except eggs, then whisk in eggs and egg yolk one at a time. You are going for a nice homogenous mixture, but don’t over-mix and add a lot of air into the mixture.
- Pour filling into crust, spreading it all around to seal edges. Cover crust with aluminum foil and bake at 375 degrees for 55-65 minutes or until center is nearly set (still a bit jiggly) and crust is deep golden brown.
- Allow to cool completely at room temperature to avoid excessive cracking of the filling. Once cooled, serve, or, cover and store in the refrigerator for up to 2 days prior to serving. Serve topped with coconut whipped cream if desired. Enjoy!
Look for more personalized nutritional advice? I can help! Contact me for a consultation today.
Print Recipe[bws_pdfprint display='print']