This easy Detox Salad truly is delicious! It’s made with all sorts of fresh and feel-good greens and topped with a sweet and zesty Carrot-Ginger Dressing.
TOTAL TIME: 15 MINS
PREP TIME: 15 MINS
COOK TIME: 0 MINS
DETOX SALAD INGREDIENTS:
- 3 cups finely-chopped* kale leaves
- 2 cups finely-chopped broccoli florets
- 2 cups finely-chopped red cabbage
- 1 cup matchstick (shredded) carrots
- 1 cup roughly-chopped fresh cilantro leaves
- 1/2 cup toasted slivered almonds
- 1/3 cup thinly-sliced green onions
- 1 avocado, peeled pitted and diced
- 1 batch Carrot Ginger Dressing (see below)
CARROT-GINGER DRESSING INGREDIENTS:
- 1 large carrot, peeled and roughly-chopped
- 1/4 cup rice wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons avocado oil or olive oil (or any mild-flavored cooking oil)
- 1 tablespoon finely-chopped fresh ginger
- 1 tablespoon honey (or your desired sweetener)
- 1 tablespoon white (shiro) miso
- 1/2 teaspoon toasted sesame oil
- Kosher salt and black pepper, to taste
To Make the Salad:
- Add all ingredients together in a large bowl, and toss to combine.
- Serve immediately. (Or if you are not going to serve the entire salad in one setting, the salad can be mixed without the dressing and refrigerated in a sealed container for up to 2 days with the dressing refrigerated separately in another sealed container.)
To Make the Carrot-Ginger Dressing:
- Add all ingredients to a blender or food processor, and pulse until completely smooth.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper, and/or add extra honey if you’d like a sweeter dressing.
- Serve immediately or refrigerate in a sealed container for up to 1 week.
*I recommend chopping the salad ingredients by adding each to a food processor and pulsing until chopped. Or, you’re also more than welcome to chop them by hand.
Print Recipe[bws_pdfprint display='print']