This fat-free, dairy-free spinach and artichoke dip has a delightfully creamy yet light taste and texture. Serve with crudité or baked chips. Perfect for a holiday or appetizer!
Total Time: 20 mins
Servings: 2 cups
- 1¼ cups unsweetened, unflavored plant milk
- 3 tablespoons oat flour
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 2 cups finely chopped spinach (fresh, or frozen and thawed)
- 1 (14-ounce) can artichoke hearts, drained and finely chopped (1½ cups)
- Sea salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Combine the plant milk, flour, onion powder, garlic powder, and lemon juice in a saucepan. Bring to a boil, then simmer for 5 to 7 minutes, stirring frequently, until the sauce thickens to a spreadable consistency.
- Add the spinach and artichoke hearts. Mix well, then season with salt and pepper to taste. Cook for 2 minutes more, until the spinach has wilted. Add 1 to 2 tablespoons of water if the sauce gets too thick.
- Let the dip cool completely.
- Serve the dip warm or cold with the baguette, tortilla chips, or pita chips.
*Recipe adapted from forksoverknives.com
Print Recipe[bws_pdfprint display='print']