Crunchy on the outside and creamy on the inside, these healthy gluten free sweet potato fries are about to rock your world! They’re “breaded” using a quinoa loaf and hemp seeds, then baked until golden brown. Sweet potato fries are the perfect alternative to french fries and make a mouthwatering snack, especially served with this White Bean Dip.
- 2 sweet potato, peeled
- 1 1/2 cups Grindstone Bakery Quinoa Loaf crumbs (about four 1/2-inch slices)
- 1/2 cup nutritional yeast
- 1/4 cup dijon mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
White Bean Dip
- 1 cup white beans
- 1/4 cup parsley
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 lemon, juiced
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Preheat the oven to 400°F and lightly grease a baking sheet.
- Slice the sweet potato 1/2-inch thick and set aside.
- In a bowl, combine the quinoa bread crumbs*, nutritional yeast, salt, and pepper.
- In a separate small bowl, add dijon mustard.
- One by one dip the sweet potatoes in the dijon mustard, then coat in bread crumbs. Place on the baking sheet and continue until all sweet potatoes are coated. Place in the oven for 12 to 15 minutes, or until golden brown.
- In the meantime, in a food processor puree the beans, parsley, garlic, lemon, salt, and pepper until smooth.
- Remove the fries from the heat and plate with dip. Serve immediately.
*Replace Quinoa bread crumbs with toasted quinoa
Looking for more personalized nutritional help? Contact me for a consultation today!
Print Recipe[bws_pdfprint display='print']