A savory, sweet creamy miso soup to make all miso soup blush. It has health promoting ingredients and is full of satisfying flavors. This soup also makes a great dipping sauce for sushi rolls.
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 5 minutes
- 1 medium avocado
- 2 Roma tomatoes, or 1 nice tomato cut in half, seeds removed
- 2 cups coconut water or 1 cup fresh OJ + 1 cup water
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 2 tablespoons white miso
- 2 tablespoons red miso (If only 1 type of miso is available: use all 4 tablespoons white miso total or only 3 tablespoons red miso total.)
- 1 tablespoon minced ginger
- 1 clove garlic
- 1/2 cup water, or as necessary to thin
- 3 tablespoons parsley, chopped
- 1/4 cup green onion, outer skin removed, finely sliced
- 4 tsp hulled hemp seed or sesame seeds
- Cut tomatoes in half and remove seeds.
- In a blender or food processor, blend avocado, tomato, coconut water (or orange juice and water), lemon juice, miso, garlic and ginger until smooth.
- Add 1/2 cup or more water as necessary to thin the soup to desired consistency. I like it to be thick.
- Add chopped parsley and blend for several pulses until mixed in. Sprinkle with chopped green onion and hemp seeds or sesame. Serve room temperature or gently warmed.
Looking for more personalized nutritional help? Contact me for a consultation today!