A savory, sweet creamy miso soup to make all miso soup blush. It has health promoting ingredients and is full of satisfying flavors. This soup also makes a great dipping sauce for sushi rolls.
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 5 minutes
- 1 medium avocado
- 2 Roma tomatoes, or 1 nice tomato cut in half, seeds removed
- 2 cups coconut water or 1 cup fresh OJ + 1 cup water
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 2 tablespoons white miso
- 2 tablespoons red miso (If only 1 type of miso is available: use all 4 tablespoons white miso total or only 3 tablespoons red miso total.)
- 1 tablespoon minced ginger
- 1 clove garlic
- 1/2 cup water, or as necessary to thin
- 3 tablespoons parsley, chopped
- 1/4 cup green onion, outer skin removed, finely sliced
- 4 tsp hulled hemp seed or sesame seeds
- Cut tomatoes in half and remove seeds.
- In a blender or food processor, blend avocado, tomato, coconut water (or orange juice and water), lemon juice, miso, garlic and ginger until smooth.
- Add 1/2 cup or more water as necessary to thin the soup to desired consistency. I like it to be thick.
- Add chopped parsley and blend for several pulses until mixed in. Sprinkle with chopped green onion and hemp seeds or sesame. Serve room temperature or gently warmed.
Print Recipe[bws_pdfprint display='print']