Cook Time: 45 min
- 1 cup butternut squash or pumpkin
- 2 cups cauliflower
- 1 – 1 ½ cups diced Eggplant Bacon
- 3 cups zoodles (zucchini noodles)
- ¼ – ½ tsp turmeric
- Salt to taste
- 2-3 Tbsp grass-fed butter or ghee, melted
- ¼ cup filtered water or chicken bone broth
- A handful of fresh sage leaves
- Steam the squash (or pumpkin) and cauliflower in a saucepan until soft and completely cooked through.
- Cook the Eggplant Bacon until golden and crispy.
- When the Eggplant Bacon is ready, remove it from the oven and place it onto a plate.
- Cook the sage leaves in a tsp of the butter or ghee until crispy.
- Remove the sage leaves from the pan and place them onto the same plate with the bacon.
- Add the zoodles to a saucepan and steam for a few minutes, or until cooked to your liking.
- Now add the cooked squash (or pumpkin), cauliflower, turmeric, the remainder of the butter or ghee, salt to taste and 2 Tbsp broth of water to a food processor and blend until smooth and creamy. Keep adding in spoonfuls of water or broth to reach your desired creamy, thick sauce consistency.
- When the zoodles are ready, place them evenly onto 2 plates.
- Now add the creamy sauce on top, along with a sprinkle of the Eggplant Bacon pieces and crispy sage leaves.
- Serve, add salt to taste and enjoy immediately.