Have you seen all the “black” foods taking over the internet?? You can get it on this trend too! Enjoy this “once in a while” treat with activated charcoal, coconut milk and sweetened with honey!
Prep Time: 12 hours (including freezing time of bowl)
Cook Time: 5 minutes
- 2 cups full-fat coconut milk
- 2 cups condensed coconut milk
- 2 tablespoons arrowroot starch
- 2 tablespoons honey or maple syrup, or to taste
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3/4 tablespoons activated charcoal powder
- 3 tablespoons raw cacao powder
- Freeze the freezer bowl for your countertop ice cream maker for at least 9 hours, or overnight.
- In a medium-size saucepan, on medium-low, mix coconut milk, condensed coconut milk, starch, honey, vanilla extract, activated charcoal powder, and cacao powder. Don’t let this mixture come to a boil–you just want to heat it enough for it to all meld together. If you taste for sweetness here, remember ice cream sweetness mellows as the air is churned into it during the freezing process.
- Pour mixture into a bowl, cover, and place in the fridge for at least 1 hour before making ice cream.
- Assemble ice cream maker according to your manufacturer’s directions.
- Pour ice cream mixture into the freezer bowl and allow to churn for 15 to 20 minutes or until desired consistency.
- If you like your ice cream thick, pour the mixture into a container, cover with parchment paper and store in the freezer for about 1 hour.
- Serve with your favorite ice cream toppings. This is especially good with chopped pistachios or macadamia nuts and a sprinkle of pink Himalayan salt!
Looking for more personalized nutritional help? Contact me for a consultation today!
Print Recipe[bws_pdfprint display='print']