This basic salad dressing is an excellent base for a variety of flavors. Master this vinaigrette and you never need sugar laden, unhealthy store bought dressings again!
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: —
- 1/3 cup balsamic vinegar (you can do half and half with another vinegar, such as red wine vinegar for a milder flavor)
- One clove of garlic, finely minced
- Small squirt of dijon mustard
- 1 Tablespoon raw honey (optional–if not doing total sugar detox)
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- Salt, pepper and herbs to taste
- Whisk vinegar, garlic, mustard and honey if using in a glass jar with a lid. Slowly (ever so slowly!) pour in the olive oil in a steady stream, while whisking quickly with the other hand. This will produce a nicely emulsified dressing that won’t separate immediately.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper. Add additional herbs, fresh or dried, as desired. Try basil to go with an Italian meal, oregano (plus a squeeze of fresh lemon juice) for Greek inspired dishes and rosemary or thyme for a hearty beef topped salad. Use your imagination!
Looking for more personalized nutritional help? Contact me for a consultation today!
Print Recipe[bws_pdfprint display='print']