Enjoy these tasty oatmeal squares warm, at room temperature or even cold for breakfast or a snack. Steel-cut oats baked like this will retain much of their crunch; if you’d like softer oats, combine the almond milk and oats in a medium bowl and let soak for several hours or overnight before assembling the bars.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 60 minutes
- 2 cups unsweetened almond milk
- 1 1/2 cup steel-cut oats
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1/2 cup ground flax seeds (not whole flax seeds)
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 pound Pink Lady apples, cored and grated
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Mix all ingredients together in a large bowl.
- Transfer to a parchment-paper-lined 9-inch square baking pan, press down and smooth out the top and bake until firm and golden brown, about 1 hour.
- Let cool in the pan; cut into squares and serve warm or at room temperature.
Looking for more personalized nutritional help? Contact me for a consultation today!
Print Recipe[bws_pdfprint display='print']