You can use cinnamon throughout the year but it’s sweet and spicy taste and warming nature is especially nice to chase the chill in the colder months. Try this elixir that pairs a fall favorite (apples!) with cinnamon and other superfoods.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 5 minutes
- 2 cups strong red roobios tea, hot
- 1 cup full-fat coconut milk or cashew milk
- 2 cinnamon sticks (plus two for garnish)
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp maca (optional)
- 1 Tbsp raw apple cider vinegar
- 1 small, sweet apple, chopped
- 1 Tbsp collagen (optional)
- liquid stevia (around 5 drops) or raw honey to taste (no stevia for AIP)
- Steep tea for 5-10 minutes.
- In a small saucepan, gently simmer milk, cinnamon sticks (snapped in pieces), ground cinnamon, and maca (if using) for 5 minutes.
- Remove cinnamon sticks and blend simmered cinnamon milk, chopped apple, apple cider vinegar, and collagen (if using) until smooth.
- Add to brewed tea and sweeten to taste. Top with sliced apple and an additional cinnamon stick if desired.
- This recipe serves one large mug or two small. You can decide if you’re willing to share it with a favorite friend or prefer to keep it all for yourself. (I won’t tell!)
Looking for more personalized nutrition advice? I can help! Contact me for a consultation today!
Print Recipe[bws_pdfprint display='print']