This easy oatless oatmeal hot cereal is ready in just 10 minutes, free of added sugar, Paleo, and vegan. Just as delicious for an afternoon snack as it is for breakfast!
- 2 egg
- 1 tbsp of ground flax meal
- 1/8-1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1.5 tsp cinnamon
- dash nutmeg
- 3 tbsp unsweetened coconut finely shredded
- 1 cup chopped raw nuts walnuts, cashews, pecans or a combination (I used cashews and walnuts)
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk* or canned light coconut milk
- Heat a large saucepan over medium low heat and add the eggs plant-based milk
- Add the flax meal and nuts, sprinkle with salt, stir, and cook.
- Add remaining ingredients heat and bring to a boil. Allow to boil while stirring for a minute, then lower to a simmer, cover, and cook another 2-5 minutes some liquid is absorbed. Nuts will soften but will still have a crunch*
- You can also make the hot cereal ahead of time, store covered in the refrigerator (without toppings), heat prior to serving and then add toppings. Enjoy!
Look for more personalized nutritional advice? I can help! Contact me for a consultation today.
Print Recipe[bws_pdfprint display='print']